As summer comes to a close and the weather starts to cool down, It’s important
to make sure your furry friend is ready for the fall season. Here are some tips for
getting your dog prepared:
- Grooming: As the weather gets cooler, your dog’s coat will start to grow
thicker. Make sure to brush your dog’s coat regularly to prevent matting and
keep them comfortable. If your dog has a long coat, you may want to consider
getting them a haircut to keep them cool and comfortable.
- Check for ticks and fleas: Fall is still prime time for ticks and fleas, so make sure
to check your dog regularly and use preventative treatments to kèep them
- Adjust their diet: With the changing season, you may need to adjust your dog’s
diet to keep them healthy. Talk to your vet about any necessary changes and
make sure to keep their water bowl full at all times.
- Exercise: With the cooler weather, it’s a great time to get outside and enjoy the
crisp air. Make sure to keep up with your dog’s exercise routine, whether it’s a
daily walk or a game of fetch in the backyard.
- Prepare for Halloween: Halloween can be a fun time for both humans and
dogs, but it’s important to keep your furry friend safe. Make sure to keep them
away from any chocolate or candy, and consider getting them a costume to
join in on the fun.
- Update their ID tags: With fall comes unpredictable weather, so make sure
your dog’s ID tags are up to date with your current contact information. This
will help ensure that you’re quickly reunited with your furry friend in case they
ever get lost.
By following these tips, you can help ensure that your dog is healthy, happy, and
prepared for the fall season. So get outside and enjoy the beautiful weather with
your furry friend!